Friday 4 May 2012

Holidaying abroad

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in Benidorm, Spain.  I was a little wary of eating abroad as there is the worry about the gluten issue, but I worried for nothing.


In Spain Sin Gluten means no gluten and their shops seem to have a better choice than ours do over here.  They actually do large slabs of cake as well as good biscuits and their rolls are made from 3 types of corn flour which makes them far more palatable than some of the bread on sale in the UK.  


I was lucky as the dinning room staff took me under their wing and prepared fresh vegetable soups for me every day and even freshly cooked meats.  I was impressed by their diligence and support.  And of course there were lots of fresh salads and fruit available.  I still miss my puds..........

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good experience with the GF in Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dreamer. I was a little worried as to what I could eat but they have it well organised.

    Hope to see you soon x x x x

    ReplyDelete