Sunday 20 May 2012

Nearly, Very Nearly................

Having to eat a gluten free diet I often miss things which I used to enjoy, such as cakes, biscuits and pizzas.  Not that I ate a lot of pizzas but I enjoyed them now and again and although I can buy gluten free pizza bases and make my own.  Unfortunately, pizza bases as with all gluten free items, such as bread take some getting used to, so imagine my delight when I heard that a big company had created a gluten free pizza.  Heaven.....that is until I received this............

NFCA Stops Use of Controversial Gluten-Free Seal 

 Controversy over Domino's pizza being sold as gluten free has prompted a national celiac support group to "suspend" use of the kind of certification seal it gave the pizza maker.

The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness announced that it will discontinue use of it's Amber seal. The seal is given to restaurants that get staff training regarding gluten-free meals but don't guarantee that meals are free from cross contamination in the kitchen.


Oh well onward and upward........

No comments:

Post a Comment