Friday 20 April 2012

Flare Ahoy

I woke this morning feeling very stiff, sore and tired, really not much different than yesterday.  I have fibromyalgia (among other things) and I think I have a flare building.  I hope not as I go away next week.


I have just had 5 glorious days in Scotland with my friend Dreamer, going for lovely walks with Jake around his favourite walk, the pond, where he gets to play in the water.  I am sure he has webbed feet as he loves all water, some of it a bit more stinky than others.  


I walk very slowly and need to stop quite regularly to rest as I tire very easily, but it didn't take away the pleasure.  I love the woods, seeing all the wildlife especially the range of birds that you don't see in an urban garden.  Besides our birds are shooed away by grey squirrels which are rampant in our area.


I digress....The problem with fibromyalgia is that you pay for it when you overdo things, and I guess that may be happening to me at the moment.  Don't get me wrong, it is a small price to pay to visit my friends in Scotland.  I will get over it with some rest.


I own a house on a council estate although deep down inside I am a country girl.  My dad was a farm hand at one point, and I would love to be able to move to the country, in a cottage, with no stairs, and a garden where I can have raised beds to grow all my fruit and veg.  I would have a couple of dogs which I can take for slow walks, and a few chickens...oh what a dream.  My only obstacle is the OH.  Poor man is a towny at heart and needs to have easy access to his local, the library and family, where I would be happy for family to visit, I don't drink and use Kindle on my tablet LOL.  We could always move to the edge of a village where OH can have access to all he requires.  Oh well perhaps one day....we can all dream.

Thanks for looking in and feel free to leave a comment x x

2 comments: