Saturday 12 May 2012

Busy Day in the garden

 Yesterday I went to the recycling centre to dispose of and recycle some items that were broken and some I no longer wanted.  They have an area where you put donated items which are taken to charities to either use or sell on.  It is a great idea.  On the way back I came across these raised beds which cost me £5.  I bought 2, so £10 well spent.



 Asda had compost on sale at 3 bags of 70 lt for £10.00 which was better value than B & Q.  I had a bag and a half in the shed so I placed that in the first of the beds, added a couple of buckets of well and semi rotted compost from the bin, and then filled it with a bag of the new compost.   I did the same with second bed.  I placed one bed under my pergola and the other on the patio as I am restricted with space.  I aim to grow pati pan squashes and a medly of beans in my beds as well as perhaps spring onions.




 I seemed to have a few days of bargains.  I also picked up 3 x 24 plants from B & Q at 3 for £12.  I got trailing lobelia, marrigolds and another flower which I don't know but it is pretty.  I am going to use them to fill the wall baskets, the beds and the lobelia to trail over my rockery.


The wall baskets

2 comments:

  1. Those raised beds are a great bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are at just £5. The local pallet place makes them and they can be stacked. I find them deep enough to do what I need:)

    ReplyDelete