Friday 20 July 2012

The Finished Article

At last...it is finished.

This is my grand daughters new quilt.  She asked for a blue cover so I used shades of blue and added two shades of pink to break it up as well as bits of yellow.

I used the disappearing 9 square block to make the quilt up.  I used 9 different squares, each measuring 6" and sewed them together, three on the top, middle and bottom.  Once sewn together, I cut across the four center squares, leaving me with four small square and oblongs.  I then rearranged the squares so that two of the 4 small squares were in the center.  Once all the squares were sewn together again, I then matched up the squares, 5 rows of 3, to ensure that they matched.  


This is the finished article after sewing on hundreds of sequins and beads to quilt rather than sewing around the quilt.  I will take the quilt to her tomorrow and I know she will love it.


2 comments:

  1. You have done a great job with Meg's quilt, it looks fab, and I'm sure she will be thrilled with it, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dreamer, Meg loves it and is very protective of it. She's sleeping out tonight so it hasn't to go on her bed until she gets home, doesn't want the tiny's getting at it LOL :)

    ReplyDelete