Sunday 15 July 2012

Quilting Mania

I have started a new quilt for No1 grand daughter in shades of blue.  I am staying with Dreamer again and I went to a sewing class with Linda Woodfield, who has her own shop in Newton Stewart and she offers all kinds of craft workshops.  Linda introduced me to new patterns one of which is made up from 9 6" squares.  You sew nine squares together then cut them across the centre, up and down.  Now the squares are rearranged back into a large square, with 2 smaller squares in the centre.  See the picture below


You end up with organised chaos, with always the same two colours in the centre.  As I used 3 different colours of spotty material I was a little confused at the beginning and it took me a while to "get it".

When I use this pattern again I shall be using a single, plain colour for the centres as it will be easier to identify.

I have found it really interesting using a different type of quilting pattern and it gives me scope to do far more.  Watch this space folks.................

2 comments:

  1. Meg will love her quilt, it is looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dreamer, I am really pleased with it x x

    ReplyDelete