Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nearly There

Well the quilt is almost finished although I have had to take a diversion on the journey.  The quilt is made from blocks of nine squares which have been rearranged and then re-sewn and then sewn together to make the basis of the front of the quilt.

I have now added the boarders, the backing and the wadding and this is where the diversion takes place.   I tried quilting the piece but it is difficult rolling up the fabric to sew around squares so I have had a brainwave.  As the quilt is for a 12 year old girl I have decided to finish it off with sequins and beads.  At each square corner I shall sew on a sequin which will have a bead in the centre.  When I have completed every square it will be "quilted" saving me all that hard work and then I can continue by overturning the boarders to finish it off.  Meg will have her quilt in no time.

My grandson, Jack, is a Manchester United fan and would like a red, black and white quilt to match his room.  For his quilting I shall be using football buttons on the corners.  Watch this space..photos to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment