Sunday 22 July 2012

Girly Pink Quilt on a Budget......

 

I had made a cot quilt for my friend's grand daughter a couple of months ago and as the little girl's mum loves it so much she has asked could I make her a girly pink one.  So I think I will do another disappearing 9 square pattern using 2  blocks across and 3 down.  Each square will be 6".  This should be big enough as each square should measure 16" square, so therefore it will be 32" across and 58" long approximately.  This is the bundle I have amassed




 This is the first of my fabrics I am using.  It is dark and pink striped and cost me nothing.







This is a single quilt which cost me £2.99.  There is enough fabric to make a couple of quilts.  Value for money and as the pinks are broken up it will give a bit more depth to the quilt






This fabric cost me £1.70 from the local material shop
They sell fabrics in a any size including 1/4 meter's




This lovely quilt cover is covered in butterfly's of all sizes on the front and small dark pink ones on light pink background on the back.  It cost me £2.00 and I will use the back for the backing







  



I have also some white material, once again a freebie.  I am looking forward to starting the quilt tomorrow by cutting out my squares.  I have everything else I need and once I have finished it, I can start on my grand son's

2 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly material, it should look nice and girly once you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Areal bargain and I have loads left over for other projects. Good job I've got two little grand daughters with all the excess pink that is going to be left over LOL x x

    ReplyDelete