Saturday 21 July 2012

Garden Goodies

 We may have had more than our fair share of wet weather but it seems to have done the veggies a world of good.  I have had abundant broad beans.  I have never grown them before but I shall be growing them again.  They are so easy to look after.
 I have very few carrots this year and they were rather hard to start.  I don't thing that the area I placed them in helps as it is rather rocky.  Unfortunately I don't have any areas deep enough to grow them.  We will see when these few are ready
 My mange tout seem to be doing rather well.  I have quite a few fruits growing and will be harvesting them soon.  I also have 2 other mange tout plants growing in the green house and will plant those out when these have finished.
 My very first attempt at patty pan squashes.  I never realised how big the leaves and feelers would be.  They have grown out of the raised bed and have attached themselves to the lawn.  I don't want to remove the feelers because there are fruits on them.
 This looks good.  I also have beetroot and broccoli in the same raised bed
 I am really surprised with these potatoes as they were grown from potato peelings.  They were from the compost bin, put in the growing container in February, to make the compost rich before planting anything.  They grew so I left them in situ and pulled these out today.  I have a bag which has potato peelings growing, as an experiment.  It looks like they might work
I picked these strawberries this afternoon and one of them was super sized.  We had them for dessert with ice cream and they were lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment