Saturday 31 March 2012

Traveling

Having just returned from a 3 night holiday to Torquay it has brought home to me how difficult it can be traveling with Gluten Sensitivity.  

Should I make sandwiches with GF bread? This can be a nightmare as the bread can be rather hard and cardboard like.  So I need to find alternatives.  

  • A salad box, shop bought or home made is ideal along with a gluten free nut snack and fruit. 
  • A baked potato with filling bought on the motorway, but this can be rather expensive
  • A baked potato with filling done at home with fruit and a nut snack should be able to prepare and should be filling.
 Next month I am traveling to Benidorm for a week and although I have organised a Gluten Free Diet at the hotel I will need to sort out a gluten free breakfast.  As I am lactose intolerant as well I can't have cerial, so will need to look for an alternative.

Do you have a food intolerance and how do you manage it when traveling?



No comments:

Post a Comment