Friday 16 March 2012

Learned Something New Today

Having now to eat a gluten free diet I am disgusted at the cost of GF products.  I can no longer eat bread (my downfall and a product I have always loved), pasta and flour based products.  Unfortunately lots of ingredients have gluten hidden in them so they can be dangerous to a gluten sufferer.

I have looked everywhere for decent foods that I can eat, at a reasonable prices, which is difficult when a small loaf costs £3 and tastes like cardboard.  I need to replace bread and pasta due to the calcium intake.  Lack of calcium can lead to osteoporosis which I really don't need on top of my other problems.

However, today I found out that Iceland sell ready meals which are gluten free and although ready meals are not the best, they are filling and wholesome and cost only £1 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment