Saturday 31 March 2012

Spring Veggies

I have spent this morning pottering in my garden and have finally planted my onion and garlic setts in the rockery.  It is a very underused rockery and as it has been built quite high, it's ideal for me so I don't have to bend too low to work on it.  I hope I manage to grow the onions and garlic this season as I have had very little in the way of luck with them.  I usually end up with very tiny produce so fingers crossed for me and watch this space


 I have also planted them in my borders in the back garden, which again I don't make good use of.


I planted pea seeds as few weeks ago and now decided that they were big enough to plant out in their prepared tub with some well rotted compost from my own compost bin.  I had a very small crop last year so this time I am going to plant some more seeds in a few weeks


My early potatoes are doing really well.  I have two bags growing them and they are ready to be earthed up once again I am looking forward to a good crop but I expect that they will be quite small.

I aim to start my green, french, wax & runner beans in May and I am going to have a go at growing pati pan squash, something I have never grown before.

2 comments:

  1. your spuds are looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are and I hope to have a good crop this time. My winter ones were few and far between and so tiny.

    ReplyDelete