Sunday 11 March 2012

LOW FAT GLUTEN FREE FRUIT & NUT CAKE

Although this fruit & nut cake is gluten free, it tastes great and my family love it. Gluten free cakes and bread can be very dry but I think I have addressed this problem. The cake is moist.

The only fat is in the egg and the milk - I use lactose free as I have an intolerance to milk but once again any milk can be used. Enjoy!!!!

2lb loaf tin
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6

INGREDIENTS

12oz fruit - I used sultanas
2oz walnut pieces
7oz gluten free self raising flour - any self raising will do
2tsp gluten free baking powder
7oz boiling tea
9tsp canderell or other sugar substitute
1 egg
2oz milk

METHOD
Add the sultanas and canderell to the boiling tea a set on one side for a moment

Sieve together the flour & baking powder and place in a bowl

Add the sultanas and canderell mix to the flour as well as the egg. Mix well and then add the wallnuts and milk. Pour into the loaf tin.

Cook for 45 - 50 mins until nicely brown and a skewer comes out clean. Place the cake on a cooling rack and cut yourself a lovely slice...while you can.






No comments:

Post a Comment