Monday 25 June 2012

I'm home....

Hi all, I am home after a wonderful week with Dreamer.  We had a lovely time, mooching around charity shops and learning new craft skills.  I learned to do quilting and spent Friday doing crazy Victorian quilting.  I love quilting so a new monster has been born LOL.

I did quilts for my 2 youngest grand daughters, a quilted pillow case for my eldest grand daughter and a quilted football cushion for my grand son.  They all loved their presents and the 2 youngest were pretending to go to bed on the floor with theirs. 

My eldest grand daughter has asked me to do her a quilt for her bed and a friend has ordered one for her grand daughter.  Great fun.

Dreamer made my OH and son some scones before I came home.  None for me as they are made with ordinary flour not GF.  They have made huge inroads into the scones so I decided to make some GF ones for myself.  They will never be the same as they dry out so quickly and the mixture cracks in the oven.  However, I have sampled them and they taste OK with plum jam.  All very naughty, but the rest are in the freezer for a treat when I want one.  Unfortunately they don't last very long in the freezer.


3 comments:

  1. More quilting next visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    it sounds wonderful.a weekend with a good friend is absolutley wonderful.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Regina, it was a lovely time.

    Dreamer, I have started the new one but I am having to do some by hand as the machine doesn't like seams. Just my luck LOL x x

    ReplyDelete