Saturday 14 January 2012

Insulating the greenhouse

I spent a good hour yesterday trying to insulate the greenhouse with bubble wrap.

I bought a huge roll of bubble wrap which came with fitting pegs and it took me ages to find out how they worked and I still had to bodge things to make them work. To make thinks worse I don't have grooves to fir the pegs in all over the alluminium frame so I had to resort to using duck tape.

I measured each piece and fitted it as best I could adding the pegs or tape where necessary. I managed all the side but when it came to the roof area I found it difficult to fit, so the OH has a job tomorrow minishing what I couldn't do yesterday.

I took the temperature this morning and it registered as a minimum of 5.5oc and a maximum of 6oc, which is great as it was -1oc.

I have learnt a very valuable lesson........insulate the greenhouse in the late autumn rather than trying to do it in the middle of winter. I am very new to greenhouse gardening and each mistake is a new lesson learnt. Roll on the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment