Sunday 5 August 2012

Lemon Curd Cake

My friend made me some lemon curd and as we hadn't eaten it all I decided to make a lemon curd cake.  I found the recipe on the internet

6ozs marge/butter
4ozs sugar
4 eggs
3 tablespoons of Lemon Curd
8ozs Gluten Free Self Raising Flour

Gas Mark 3 for 75 minutes
Grease and flour a cake or 2lb loaf tin.  I used mini loaf tins




Cream the marge/butter and sugar together until creamy.  Add the lemon curd and beat well.  Add the eggs, one at a time with some flour and beat in well.  Fold in the remaining flour and place in the tin.

When the cake is ready, allow to cool in the tin and place on a wire rack.  The cake can be iced if you require.

I used gluten free flour as I have gluten sensitivity but you can use any self raising flour

enjoy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment