Thursday 16 August 2012

Sophie's Quilt


I have been making quilts for my 4 grand children and I have just completed no.3.  Sophie wanted a red quilt and rather than just produce something that was red I decided to add a mix of different colours ensuring that there was some red in it.  I cut out 3" squares and sewed them together in this pattern.  It was a little confusing at first but I soon picked it up.

Again keeping the red in I added mint greens ans whites

Blues this time with pink and white stripes

Here I added pink.  I needed to  make 4 squares and would join them together with pink material.

All the squares added.  I just need to add a border, wadding and backing

The finished article.  I added a home made butterfly to the center, borders around the square and then jelly roll to lengthen the top and bottom.  I am sure she will love her new quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment