Saturday 14 April 2012

Lovely Weekend with Dreamer


I've had a lovely long weekend with Dreamer in Dreamville, doing some new crafts and some old ones. I bought a new sewing machine, which is small and lightweight but does the job just the same. It has 7 different stitch settings, straight line and zigzags. My old machine is far too heavy and it never came out to play, so my new toy will be well used.







As Dreamer loves quilting as a craft I thought I'd have a go
to see what I could make. Amongst Dreamers treasure chest
I came across 2 material panels of girl figures playing and decided
to make a pillow case each for my two youngest grand daughters.



I edged each panel with pink striped material on the top, bottom and sides to make it large enough to take a full size pillow.












.
I then used pink material to make the back with an envelop opening in the centre. I had taken the measurements from a pillow case. My new little toy was working great, with lovely stitches and so easy to use.










Here is the finished article for one little girl, who I know will love her new pillow case.














And this is the second finished article. The panels are different so the girls shouldn't have difficulty identifying their own pillow case.

I am really pleased with my first attempt at producing these on my new toy. I am in the middle of sewing two shrugs for my holidays, a quilted cushion cover for my eldest grand daughter and a football one for my grandson. Both of theirs will be padded and quilted and I will include them on my blog.




We also made a couple of GF cakes, which introduced Dreamer to GF baking.

5 comments:

  1. I think S and L will be chuffed with their pillowcases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too. Thanks for all the help and for introducing me to a great new craft. I can't wait to get started on the cushions for the other 2 grandchildren x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new sewing machine - I know what you mean about things being too big and cumbersome, it's just too much hassle to get them set up isn't it ?
    Pillow slips look good,hope they are well received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking the pillow slips to the girls tonight and I am sure they will love them. I have fibromyalgia and find it hard to lift heavy things, so my lovely machine is ideal, plus I enjoy using it. It doesn't have bells and whistles which I wouldn't use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pleased to say that the girls adore their new pillowcases. Now the older two are looking forward to theirs.

    ReplyDelete