Tuesday 10 April 2012

I wish the sun would come out to play

Another cold, showery day.  The sun shines but there is no heat in it and I feel the cold so badly.  Don't be surprised, I have so many things wrong with me, take so many tablets that I expect the chemicals must be doing something to my body.  Never mind, I look forward to my few days in Scotland with my dearest friend Dreamer. 

I really love these visits with her.  The air is cleaner and crisper, although a little cold, although I have thermals which I will be taking with me.  I love the visits to the town with her and meeting the lovely people who live in and around the area.  It is so different from where I live, in Merseyside, where some people can't be bothered to speak to you.

I dug out my old sewing machine and it is well passed it's sell by date, also, it is so heavy.  I have decided to retire it, again, it first retired 16 years ago.  I have bought myself a small, lightweight machine which has 7 different stitches, 2 speeds and can be used on mains or with batteries.  One would think it was a child's toy, but it isn't and should be useful for what I want.

I aim to have a go at quilting and, as I do a lot of beading, I would like to have a go at making a beaded bag.  I have a couple of patterns which I can trace and use to cut out the bag and it also has beaded patterns to follow.


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your visit, and checking out the new machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on Merseyside, and I'm sorry that you've come across people who are so unfriendly. I find people here really chatty, but then Merseyside is a big place and we may well live miles and miles apart! My daughter lives in London, and I hate it there because people won't even smile or make eye contact, never mind have a brief conversation. I always feel like an alien and am glad to get home.

    ReplyDelete