Saturday 10 November 2012

My First Marmalade

 I have helped my dear friend Dreamer to make marmalade but this is my first go on my own and I am really happy with the results.  I bought this tin online which was on offer, buy one get one free.    Love a bargain
 I added the ingredients of the tin to the pan, followed by 3/4 pint of water and 4lb of sugar.  Once it was at a rolling boil I reduced the temperature and after 15 minutes it had reached the setting point.

I bottled 7 jars, some of which I am using for Christmas presents with red onion chutney and pear chutney.  Before adding the lid I dropped some brandy into the marmalade.  Mummmm yummy. I know they will be welcomed as a lovely present

1 comment:

  1. Your xmas gifts are going to be lovely and I'm sure they will be well received :)

    ReplyDelete