Thursday 4 October 2012

Chutney, Chutney and more Chutney.......

 I found a recipe for apple chutney and decided to have a go.  I have never made chutney before but by the time I had finished it I realised just how easy it was to make it.  The chutney includes apples, onions, sultanas, red wine vinegar, mixed spice and sugar.  The tasting was good before I bottled it.



 I managed to get 7 bottles of tasty apple chutney, some for us, some as presents and one to my friend for providing the jars.  Can't wait!!!!!!!!



 I now had the chutney bug so decided to make green tomato chutney with the homegrown tomatoes which hadn't ripened.  Besides the green toms I included onions, sultanas, pickling spices, sugar and vinegar.  It tastes gorgeous.



I managed to bottle up 6 jars of chutney and again some of this will go as presents.  Roll on Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!




Tomorrow I aim to make some bread and butter pickles using onions, cucumbers and peppers

2 comments:

  1. I've tasted them and they are gorgeous. I can't wait to open one LOL. Got some for you also x x x

    ReplyDelete