Sunday 24 March 2013

Quilted Bed Runner and Cushion Covers

I was asked to make a bed runner and cushion covers in turquoise and cream for a Christmas present.

I used a zigzag pattern on the runner which was made by cutting out 9" squares, putting opposite colours together, right sides facing, sewing them all around and then cutting them across diagonally, twice


Once sewn and cut each triangle was opened and sewn together.  By doing this a required length was reach.  After each length was reached, I sewed the lengths together.  I continued doing this until I reached the size I wanted.  I added wadding and a backing.







Here you see the finished bed runner  which has been folded in half.  It is for a double bed.










The order included two cushion covers, so I did two in the Somerset pattern.  My friend had seen them and wanted them included.

No comments:

Post a Comment